- Jan 16, 2008
- AISIN AI Celebrates the Completion of New Plant for FWD MTs
AICHI, Japan, January 16th, 2008 - AISIN AI Co.,LTD. (President:Masahiro SUO) Cerebrated today the completion of the new plant, under construction since last February in Kira town, Aichi Pref.
KIRA Plant is to produce Manual Transmissions (hereinafter referred as MT's) for FWDs of low and middle torque capacities, and enables AISIN AI increase its production capability by 50%, coping with accelerating demand of MT's by expanding development of worldwide automotive manufacturing.
AISIN AI considers, in making the new plant, environmental concerns and residents near-by: truck-lanes inside the building to lessen noise or light reaching to the neighbors, high recycling rate of wastewater, use of solar panels etc.
AISIN AI will continue to pursue production efficiency furthermore and contribute to the local communities.
Outline of New Plant
1. Location: 140 Matsushita, Tomokuni, Kira-cho, Hazu-gun, Aichi
2. Site area: 84,000 square meters
3. Building: Two-storied building*
(Part of the building is three stories high)
Total floor space: 40,000 square meters
4. Amount of investment: Approx. 10 billion yen (Land, building, etc.)
5. Production operations: Manufacturing and assembly of FWD MTs
6. Unit production: Approx. 700,000 units per year (2010 target)
7. Employees Approx. 500 (2010 target)