- Apr 22, 2014
- Aisin Group expanding business operations in Brazil
Three companies in the Aisin Group, Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd., Aisin AI Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Nishio, Aichi; President: Kazumichi Sugiura), and ADVICS Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Kariya, Aichi; President: Takeshi Kawada) are working to strengthen their business operations in Brazil.
Aisin Seiki is constructing a new building on the premises of Aisin Automotive Ltda. (hereinafter referred to as “AAL”), an auto body parts manufacturing company established in 2011. The company intends to introduce new die casting facilities and commence production of engine parts and die-cast parts, expanding the range of products it manufactures.
After receiving orders from customers for overseas manufacture, Aisin AI established the manufacturing company Aisin AI Brasil Industria Automotiva Ltda., and is scheduled to begin local production of manual transmissions.
ADVICS has received orders for brake systems, and to meet this demand has established the manufacturing company ADVICS Automotiva Latin America Ltda., which will supply systems to automakers.
The new Aisin AI and ADVICS affiliates will occupy space on the premises of AAL, where the three companies will share resources for efficient intra-Group operation and development of the Group’s supply framework in Brazil.
In the coming days, the Aisin Group will continue expanding business operations overseas, particularly in emerging economies, as we move toward realization of the AISIN Group Vision 2020.
*The figures below are calculated at an exchange rate of 45.867 yen to 1 real (current rate as of April 21, 2014).
1. Company name: Aisin AI Brasil Industria Automotiva Ltda.
2． Established: September 2013
3. Location: Itu, São Paulo, Brazil (on the premises of Aisin Automotive Ltda.)
4. Capital: 20 million real (approx. 920 million yen)
Percent owned: Aisin AI 100%
5. Representative: Fumihiko Suzuki, President
6. Businesses: Manufacture and sales of manual transmissions and drive / power train products, etc.
7. Parts manufactured: Manual transmissions
8. Scheduled start of manufacturing: August 2014
9. Approximate sales: FY2016 forecast approx. 130 million real (approx. 6.0 billion yen)
10. Employees: FY2016 forecast approx. 100